|Posted Date:||21-Jan-2014 (EST)||Closing Date:||22-May-2014 (EST)|
|Department:||Merchandising - Home Brands||Location:||Madison, VA, USA|
|Pay Type:||Salary||Benefits:||Company health and welfare benefits are available with this position|
|Employment Type:||Full Time|
Position Summary: We are looking for a creative, "out of the box" thinker that has a passion for home products and for enhancing the home experience. The ideal candidate will have at least 3-7 years of experience in the product management and purchasing field. The ability to identify new opportunities by recognizing market and consumer trends and formulating long term product ideas to ensure growth and profitability as it relates to the home is crucial. The Product Manager will have the ability to identify and source new products appropriate to new consumer trends or find companies that produce these products
The Product Manager is responsible for the business management of a category or categories within a Brand including ownership of gross margin, sales, profitability, vendor management, and sourcing. Accountabilities include the monitoring and enhancement of growth and profitability on selected product lines across all channels of the business annually. The Product Manager will effectively and efficiently manage suppliers, contracts and negotiations and be expected to meet suppliers both domestically and internationally. Manage information across all functional areas, working most closely with team members in Creative, PSQC/Quality, Inventory Control, and Marketing departments.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Duties and responsibilities of the position include but are not limited to the following:
• Source and select products within designated categories that fit Brand merchandising strategy.
• Apply professional knowledge of merchandising principles in order to meet sales, gross margin, and contribution objectives.
• Develop new and exclusive products, some of which may be privately labeled.
• Communicate and develop partnerships with all vendors.
• Keep abreast of current industry and design trends.
• Sample, test and evaluate prospective new products to ensure compliance with all applicable
• Negotiate and confirm pricing, packaging, delivery, terms and advertising with catalog vendors.
• Assist in maintaining product database.
• Monitor and evaluate vendor performance and determine key strategic partnerships.
• Prepare data and material for product presentation to selection committee.
• Analyze product performance.
• Assist with catalog design, layout, photography, and copywriting.
• Participate in weekly merchandise meetings with all departments.
• Interface with PSQC on routine basis to improve quality and testing conformity. Check all initial shipments of new product with QA to established baseline of acceptance.
• Project sales by item. Assist Inventory Control with recommendations for initial buys and reorder quantities and reducing overstocks.
• Monitor back order report and assist Inventory Control in resolving any related issues.
• Participate in the development of the annual trade show schedule and work within budget.
• Attend trade shows according to product line responsibility.
• Support corporate business plan.
• Responsible for the management and development of support staff.
The requirements listed below represent the minimum knowledge, skill, and/or ability required, to perform job function:
• Analytical Skills - Ability to use thinking and reasoning to solve a problem.
• Communication, Oral - Ability to communicate effectively with others using the spoken word.
• Communication, Written - Ability to communicate in writing clearly and concisely.
• Detail Oriented - Ability to pay attention to the minute details of a project or task.
• Negotiating - Proven record of win-win negotiations.
• Organized - Possessing the trait of being organized or following a systematic method of performing a task.
• Team Player - Ability to work within a team of performers each skilled in her/her own specialty.
• Bachelor's Degree (four year college or university)
• Three to seven years related experience in merchandising/purchasing.
• Computer Skills - Required: Excel, Word, Publisher, Outlook; Preferred: Access; Understanding of POS systems
• Valid/current U.S. Passport.
• Understanding of market conditions as it relates to merchandising.
• Previous experience in new product design and development preferred.
- Auto-fill Application Using LinkedIn
- Share this Page